Hi

Zitat von Stephan Lauffer <lauf...@ph-freiburg.de>:

Hello!

I mooved a mailbox in a murder setup from a 2.4.18 backend to a 3.0.2 frontend (with a 2.4.18 proxy/frontend server).

After the mailbox was transferred we saw no mails but the mailbox folderts. So we started a "reconstruct -V max" and a "quota -f". After that no mails where shown/visibla via imap, too.

So we played around and started a "reconstruct -V max" with a "-r user...." two times.

Only after the second reconstruct the mails were be found and added to the index. In the first run just the format was transformed.

So my question is:

Is this the well know and "offical" way to transfer mailboxes from a 2.4 to a 3.0? Or should there be some "magic" after the transfer which failed here in our setup?

I would say it would be very, very nice if the 3.0.2 backend will be capable to postexec neccessary commands after an completed mailbox transfer.

If this isn't possible to implement in the cyrus-imapd it would be nice to add some few words in https://www.cyrusimap.org/imap/download/upgrade.html#shut-down-existing-cyrus at the paragraph "Special note for Murder configurations". Maybe we already have the hints and tips in the doc but I just didn't found it...?!

After our xfer and reconstructs the seen states are lost/wrong (all messages unread). The seen file has twoskip in the header, so it looks good I think. But I guess the cyrus.index is the problem... maybe issu 1747 is dealing with the same problem (see https://github.com/cyrusimap/cyrus-imapd/issues/1747)?

--
Liebe Gruesse, with best regards
Stephan Lauffer

Pedagogical University Freiburg - Germany
http://www.ph-freiburg.de/zik/
Fon/ Fax: +49 761 682 -559/ -486

To Unsubscribe: