On 11/13/18 10:15 PM, Anatoli wrote:
Hi,

I'm not sure this is due to some configuration option, bug or feature, but I'm observing some folders on Cyrus HTTP WebDAV server having hundreds (995 at this moment to be precise) internal files in the format "NNN." that correspond to the same file but different versions in time.

There are 2-3 files (xls) in the folder that are edited constantly during the day and it looks like each save operation creates a new file. The files are of some 3-5Mb each. In the explorer/web view there are only a couple of files with a total size of 17.5Mb, but the reported disk usage for the folder is of 1.6Gb.

Could someone please shed some light on what's going on and how to make each file visible to the users to be stored in only one internal file?

Thanks,
Anatoli

Because *DAV is layered on top of an IMAP store, we have to abide by IMAP semantics in which messages (in this case DAV resources) are immutable.  Therefore, we can NOT overwrite an existing message in the mailbox.  Each change MUST result in a new message.  However, the server does mark the previous version(s) as deleted and expunged, which means that they will eventually be removed by cyr_expire.  If you aren't running cyr_expire, you should consider adding an event to cyrus.conf to remove expunged messages (see -X option).

--
Ken Murchison
Cyrus Development Team

To Unsubscribe: