On 2020-04-21 16:00, Michael Menge wrote:
Hi,

Quoting Olaf Frączyk <o...@navi.pl>:

I managed to get strace on both sides, however it doesn't make me wiser - there is nothing obvious for me.

Additionally I see that replication works more or less for new messages, but older are not processed.

I have several subfolders in my mailbox, some of them unreplicated. If I change anything in the subfolder now - the folder is replicated, but other subfolders remain not replicated - unless I change anything in them.

you are trying to use rolling replication.
For rolling replication cyrus logs which the location and type where changes ocure e.g "MAILBOX navi.pl!user.olaf" indicates that something has changed in the INBOX of
the user o...@navi.pl.

the rolling replication will keep the master and replica in sync, but it requires
that there was an initial replication of all users.

you can use sync_client with -A oder -u to do this synchronization (see the manpage for details)

I think using rolling replication without the initial sync may be the cause of the errors.
stop the "sync_client -r" and wait for the initial sync to finish.

Yes, at the beginning I was also thinking if initial sync is necessary, but there was nothing in docs about it, something started replicating and I simply assumed it does initial resync. I'll try it this evening. :)

Since you use replication - are sieve scripts replicated as well? There is -s option called sieve mode but it needs to specify which users' files are to replicate and there is written that it is mostly for debugging.

M.Menge                                Tel.: (49) 7071/29-70316
Universität Tübingen                   Fax.: (49) 7071/29-5912
Zentrum für Datenverarbeitung          mail: michael.me...@zdv.uni-tuebingen.de
Wächterstraße 76
72074 Tübingen

To Unsubscribe: