Alshehhi writes:

> I am new to gnus. I am trying to mark a thread as read. However, it is
> still unclear to me how to do that. There is the command
> gnus-summary-kill-thread:

I recently had the same need, and solved it by making my own function
based on gnus-summary-kill-thread:

    (defun asjo-gnus-summary-mark-thread-read ()
      "Mark articles under current thread as read."
      (interactive "" gnus-summary-mode)
      (let ((articles (gnus-summary-articles-in-thread)))
        (save-excursion
          ;; Expand the thread.
          (gnus-summary-show-thread)
          ;; Mark all the articles.
          (while articles
            (gnus-summary-goto-subject (car articles))
            (gnus-summary-mark-article-as-read gnus-read-mark)
            (setq articles (cdr articles)))))
        ;; Go to next unread subject.
      (gnus-summary-next-subject 1 t)
      (gnus-set-mode-line 'summary))

    (define-key gnus-summary-mode-map [(T) (r)]
'asjo-gnus-summary-mark-thread-read)

More context: https://koldfront.dk/quickly_marking_a_thread_read_1839

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "In the past we would do little things for love,           Adam Sjøgren
  but but things, big things required money. Now we    a...@koldfront.dk