On 08/13/2017 12:18 AM, Barak Korren wrote:
> On 13 August 2017 at 10:02, Eyal Edri <ee...@redhat.com> wrote:
>

>> Hi,
>> To be honest, Duck is probably the person to ask about oVirt lists,
>> especially ones that are not common,

Duck is at DebConf 17 through the rest of this week so is unable to
respond to more than emergency/urgent requests.

>> I don't recall ever using the 'mailman' list or anyone else in the past
>> few years, so I'm OK with disabling it for now.
>>

> Its not the mailman list, its the ovirt-security list.
>
> I suppose the purpose of this list was to publish security notices? Not
> sure, I've never seem any non-spam messages sent to it.

Can you show me an example of what you are seeing?

I presume you mean security@ or security-private@ lists as there is no
ovirt-security@ list that I've seen or know of.

I'm not an admin for secur...@ovirt.org any longer so I would not be
receiving these confirmation floods.

I am the only admin for mailman@ as a vestige of having setup and run
the initial Mailman server and mailing lists as part of open sourcing
the project.

I suspect that >1 lists are seeing this activity. It has a pattern but
not one that I can easily see how to make a regexp or algorithm from.

Since I think the mailman@ list is not used by anyone other than Mailman
itself (and sporadically at that), I'm going to disable subscriptions
and at least stop this problem for myself.

But that won't stop it for other list admins, so ... more suggestions or
actions would be helpful. I'm a bit stumped.

- Karsten
--
Karsten Wade
Community Infrastructure Team : https://osci.io