On Fri, Feb 23, 2018 at 9:59 AM, Martin Perina <mper...@redhat.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 22, 2018 at 8:41 PM, Yaniv Kaul <yk...@redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> I think there's a rush to add FC27 and S390 (unrelated?) to the build. If
>> either fail, right now, I don't think we should be too concerned with them.
>> In the very near future we should be, though.
>> Y.
>>
>> On Thu, Feb 22, 2018 at 9:06 PM, Dafna Ron <d...@redhat.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> We have been seeing a large amount of changes that are not deployed into
>>> tested lately because of failed build-artifacts jobs so we decided that
>>> perhaps we need to explain the importance of fixing a failed
>>> build-artifacts job.
>>>
>>> If a change failed a build-artifacts job, no matter what platform/arch
>>> it failed in, the change will not be deployed to tested.
>>>
>>> Here is an example of a change that will not be added to tested:
>>>
>>> [image: Inline image 1]
>>>
>>> As you can see, only one of the build-artifacts jobs failed but since
>>> the project specify that it requires all of these arches/platforms, the
>>> change will not be added to tested until all of the jobs are fixed.
>>>

> ​Is there a way how to identify the distribution as "not mandatory"? I
> mean we want the build, but it fails it should not affect the whole flow.
> That would really help with fcraw issues, because it's expected that things
> will often be broken there​ ...

I don't think there is an option currently to have "non-mandatory" distro,
the only way I can think of will be to add the new distro to 'check-patch'
so it will test it, but don't add it to 'build-artifacts' if you're not
100% sure its supported and working
This way you'll keep testing new OS, but won't block deployments if its not
building yet.

>>> So what can we do?
>>>
>>> 1. Add the code which builds-artifacts to 'check-patch' so you'll get a
>>> -1 if a build failed (assuming you will not merge with -1 from CI).
>>> 2. post merge - look for emails on failed artifacts on your change (you
>>> will have to fix the job and then re-trigger the change)
>>> 3. you can see all current broken failed artifacts jobs in jenkins under
>>> 'unstable critical' view [1] and you will know if your project is being
>>> deployed.
>>> 4. Remove the broken OS from your project ( either from Jenkins or from
>>> your automation dir if you're using V2 ) - ask us for help! this should be
>>> an easy patch
>>> 5.Don't add new OS builds until you're absolutly sure they work ( you
>>> can add check-patch to keep testing it, but don't add build-artifacts until
>>> its stable ).
>>>
>>> Please contact myself or anyone else from the CI team for assistance or
>>> questions and we would be happy to help.
>>>
>>> [1] http://jenkins.ovirt.org/
>>>
>>> Thank you,
>>>
>>> Dafna

> --
> Martin Perina
> Associate Manager, Software Engineering
> Red Hat Czech s.r.o.

Eyal edri

MANAGER

RHV DevOps

EMEA VIRTUALIZATION R&D

Red Hat EMEA <https://www.redhat.com/>
<https://red.ht/sig> TRIED. TESTED. TRUSTED. <https://redhat.com/trusted>
phone: +972-9-7692018
irc: eedri (on #tlv #rhev-dev #rhev-integ)