On Mon, 2018-02-12 at 23:53 +0200, Jonathan Dieter wrote:
> I've come up with a method of splitting repodata into chunks that can
> be downloaded and combined with chunks that are already on the local
> system to create a byte-for-byte copy of the compressed repodata.
> Tools and scripts are at:
I've realized that with this, I didn't really give a proposal as to
what comes next.
* Create a new (Systemwide?) Feature for Fedora 29 called Delta
* Finalize the zchunk file format (and name)
* Write a C and python library to generate, read and download zchunk
files, and package it into Fedora
* Add a flag to createrepo_c (and, if we're still using it,
createrepo) to generate zchunk repodata
* Modify DNF so it can download and read zchunk repodata
I don't mind being the person to drive this change, but before I start
coding, I'd like some feedback on whether or not this is the direction
we want to go in and I'd love any suggestions on how to improve it.
infrastructure mailing list -- firstname.lastname@example.org
To unsubscribe send an email to infrastructure-le...@lists.fedoraproject.org