Greetings.

One of the (many) things that came out of the infra hackfest last week
was a few changes to our issue tracker. If you have ticket perms on the
fedora-infrastructure pagure instance, please follow these guidelines:

We have added several 'priority's:

🔥 URGENT 🔥
Needs Review
Next Meeting
Waiting on Asignee
Waiting on Reporter
Waiting on External

By default, when a new issue is filed, it will get the "Needs Review" pri.

Once anyone with ticket privs touches the issue, they should change that
pri to the correct other state:

🔥 URGENT 🔥 - This should be set only for those things that are really
urgent and need immediate attention. Like a high SLE service down or
something preventing a release from happening or the like. Please do not
misuse this for low SLE things or things that don't need "all hands on
deck" to fix.

Needs Review - Default state before anyone has looked at the issue.

Next Meeting - Something that is to be discussed in the next weekly
meeting.

Waiting on Asignee - This means we have accepted the ticket and have all
needed info to work on it, but it's waiting for cycles to actually do
the needed work. If the assignee is not set it's waiting for someone
with cycles to take it on and do it.

Waiting on Reporter - This means that we have asked the reporter for
more info or need something from them to move the task forward. The task
is stalled until the Reporter provides that.

Waiting on External - This means that the task/issue is waiting until
something else is done first. When using this pri we should be as
explicit as possible about what the thing is, ie 'Waiting for Fedora 28
GA release and this can be done the day after' or 'Waiting until FESCo
rules on this and gives the ok'.

Please if you touch any tickets set the pri accordingly and it will help
us out. I am also going to process the existing tickets and get them in
the right states.

Additionally, I created a default template for new issues. It reads:

* Describe what you need us to do:

* When do you need this? (YYYY/MM/DD)

* When is this no longer needed or useful? (YYYY/MM/DD)

* If we cannot complete your request, what is the impact?

These questions will help us know about the issue, but if anyone can
think of a clearer way to word them or things to add, please let me know.

Many thanks to mattdm for the ideas from the Council issue tracker,
hopefully it will help us set expectations better.

kevin