On Thu, Apr 5, 2018 at 6:55 AM, Robert Varga <n...@hq.sk> wrote:

> On 05/04/18 11:26, Stephen Kitt wrote:

> >> I see we may only be copying the karaf logs and not runtime generated
> >> files, while these logs are preserved into `$WORKSPACE/archives` and
> >> published into log server.
> >> It would be good to remove Pax runtime trees/files after the logs are
> >> copied.
> >
> > I don’t think that would be sufficient. We’d really need to move the
> > Karaf logs out of the way and delete Pax runtime trees during the
> > build.
>
> Or perhaps have SFT configure karaf to log outside of the pax tree and
> not keep it?

Okay I think this confirms the culprit. I used ncdu on a running build
system after only 3 hrs of a carbon build and can confirm it's the pax
stuff that's taking all the disk.

Here's a small snippet of 3 pax directories for controller, alto, and mdsal:

controller/target/pax
    2.4 GiB [##########] /pax

alto/target/pax
    4.4 GiB [##########] /pax

mdsal/target/pax
    3.1 GiB [##########] /pax

As far as I can tell anything that is a feature has one of these
directories and they are always the largest directory in every project. I
guess next steps would be to remove these directories after grabbing the
log? Where does this need to be done?

Regards,
Thanh