> On May 7, 2018, at 11:15 AM, Michael Vorburger <vorbur...@redhat.com> wrote:
>
> [Forking this thread and dropping lispflowmapping]
>
> Hello Infrastructure,
>
> On Fri, May 4, 2018 at 10:16 PM, Robert Varga <n...@hq.sk
> <mailto:n...@hq.sk>> wrote:
> On 03/05/18 18:35, Michael Vorburger wrote:
> > Dear maintainers of project lispflowmapping,
> >
> > While verifying the proposed cross-projects changes on managed
> > topic:binding-tlc-rpc together, your project failed to build; please see
> > the build log extract at the end for the first failure (there may be
> > others).
> >
> > You can locally reproduce this via a `mvn -Pq clean install` of the
> > changed artifacts from your dependencies, and then building your project
> > with it:
> >

> > http://prod-opendaylight-bot.e8ca.engint.openshiftapps.com/bot?topic=binding-tlc-rpc
> >
> > <http://prod-opendaylight-bot.e8ca.engint.openshiftapps.com/bot?topic=binding-tlc-rpc>
> >
> >     https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/#/q/topic:binding-tlc-rpc
> > <https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/#/q/topic:binding-tlc-rpc>
>
> [-tsc, +infrastructure]
>
> Hello Michael,
>
> One idea here: could we somehow automatically retrigger this when any of
> the patches in the topic changes?
>
> Are there any hooks you would require? We already have odl-gerritbot
> posting messages to IRC, so it should be possible to route the event to
> Jenkins and at least trigger a job...
>
> for further automation (eventually, I won't have more time for this in the
> very short term!), I was wondering if for what Robert has in mind (see above)
> you could imagine offering Web Hooks to let Jenkins and Gerrit call out to
> The Bot, https://github.com/vorburger/opendaylight-bot
> <https://github.com/vorburger/opendaylight-bot> on
> http://opendaylight-bot-opendaylight-bot.6923.rh-us-east-1.openshiftapps.com
> <http://opendaylight-bot-opendaylight-bot.6923.rh-us-east-1.openshiftapps.com/>?
>  Or would the bot have to periodically poll JIRA, Jenkins & Gerrit? The exact
> workflow would need more thoughts, this is more an initial query to
> understand how such a tighter integration could possible look, in the future.

The way I foresee this: from fluorine onwards a contributor could verify a
patch in a topic by simply writing a KW in gerrit, e.g.
multipatch-build:<topic>.

I will look at whether the above is feasible by just enhancing the existing
multipatch job configuration. I updated RELENG-101 with my thoughts.