Hi,

The Graphical Web Conference (formerly SVG Open) is taking place Sept
23-26 in Pittsburgh.

https://www.graphicalweb.org/2015/

I submitted a talk on SVG 2 (in which I highlight Inkscape) which was
accepted. For the past few years the conference has fully paid my
travel costs (I've asked Inkscape for backup funding each time but I
never had to use it). This year it is clear that the conference will be
unable to fund my travel as they are running a rather large deficit. It
is probably not worth the $1500 it would take for Inkscape to send me
to the conference but it might be worth sending someone who is closer,
especially if that person could fill in for me. I was thinking maybe
along the line of $500 of support. (We can probably get the conference
fee waived.)

What do you all think about this?

Tav