On Thu, 2016-12-01 at 12:52 -0800, Bryce Harrington wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 01, 2016 at 01:38:21PM -0500, Martin Owens wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, 2016-11-30 at 23:15 -0800, Bryce Harrington wrote:
> > >
> > > The Inkscape Board will hold its monthly meeting this Friday, Dec
> > > 2nd
> > > at
> > > noon Pacific in #inkscape-devel.  Any community member is welcome
> > > attend!
> > >
> > >     http://wiki.inkscape.org/wiki/index.php/Board_Meetings
> > >
> > > Agenda:
> > >   * Merchandise sales [bryce]
> > >   * Sponsorship levels followup [bryce]
> > >   * Inkscape forum followup
> > >   * Mesh gradient feature followup [tav]
> > Thanks Bryce,
> >
> > Can you add release status/readiness? I think we're sitting on a
> > very
> > nearly complete release and it might just need the umbilical cord
> > cut.
> >
> > Martin,
> Alright, if we have time.  The main things right now are review of
> the
> state of the mesh gradient feature (above), checking the status on
> the
> dpi scaling bug, and if there's any remnant followup to track for the
> about screen.  Hopefully there haven't been any other new release
> blocker bugs identified.

Mesh gradients are pretty much ready to go. There is still some work
being done on improving the interface but if nothing else is added it
would not be a real problem. (Jabier has a nice improvement to help
keep track of what handle corresponds to which corner node but it needs
a bit of polishing.)

As for the dpi scaling issue, my code for handling legacy files is
already in both trunk and 0.92. Jabier is almost ready with his
alternative approach. He's got a couple of buglets to fix but it should
be ready real soon. The plan is to offer the user both options (one
adds a 'viewBox', the other scales the objects inside the file). Note
that we'll need to ping the translators as soon as this is settled.

> I figure there should probably be one last RC before we do the final
> release.  I can cut that RC whenever.

Definitely. Let's shoot for the end of next week.

Tav