> One question is if we want to document Inkscape source and Python
> extension API in the same document
Not sure what you mean by this, but I suppose it's better if they're
separate. Doesn't Doxygen generate one page per
class/module/interface/whatever? So they would both be automatically
linked from an 'index' page...

We could reuse the same configuration or create a new one, imo depends
on the relative size of additional changes needed. Perhaps just adding
*.py to FILE_PATTERNS and the extension directory to INPUT would do the
job and doxygen will index everything nicely? I'm going to experiment
with some dummy documentation comments in extensions and see how it'll work.

Btw http://wiki.inkscape.org/wiki/index.php/Doxygen_documentation
"Inkscape Doxygen Documentation is not currently available online"

any specific reason for this? Or it's just the ease of generating it
locally that renders it unnecessary?

Cheers,
Mois