Hi Friends,
I'm thinking about starting a tradition of making holiday graphics for the website. Like for example, today I spiffed up the logo for Inkscape Community with some lights (not twinkling, but maybe next year ;-p ). https://forum.inkscapecommunity.com/index.php I'm thinking of just something small and simple like that. Holly and berries, or something.

We couldn't do exactly the same thing on the website, because the logo doesn't work the same way as IC. (plus it's pretty small) But there must be some ways to easily slip in some extra graphics into the website?

Like maybe in the menu/navigation bar? (could they be red and green? or look like snow is piled on them?) Or the white space between the logo on the top-left and the search field on the right?

I saw that cute Inkscape logo with a santa hat in the gallery (https://inkscape.org/en/~jiawhein/%E2%98%85inkscape-logo-christmas), and that's what got me started. But unfortunately, it has a solid white background, which I don't think could be used for the site. I requested either SVG or a transparent PNG, but no answer yet.

I made some sort of straight lines of lights, one of which might fit in the white space at the top. But alone, they're hardly creative.

Anyway, if someone could explain what those ways might be, where we could sneak in some cute graphics around holidays, I'll take the responsibility to put out a call for such graphics before each major holiday.....or maybe just 4 seasons? Or maybe holidays plus 4 seasons?

(I still want to see more graphics on the site, in general. But that's a much bigger project which I can't take a leadership role right now. Well, not unless someone else wants to co-leader it?)

       Thanks for comments  :-)

All best,
brynn