Sent: Monday, July 02, 2018 8:05 PM
To: Inkscape-Docs
Subject: [Inkscape-docs] major edit for Report Bugs page

Hi Friends,
       If anyone happens to be following it, I've been discussing the need for
some kind of reminder for people reporting bugs, to include the proper info in
their report, in this bug report:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/inkscape/+bug/1774404

       As somewhat of an aside, I realized that Help menu > Report a bug,
connects directly to that page; and also that the page really is not set up
properly to be part of the route or process for reporting a bug.  I think the
page originally was meant just to provide info, and not necessarily be part of
the process of bug reporting.  So I thought I would create a proposed edit for
that page.

       The reason I'm posting this message, is that it's been so long since
I've done any work on the website, I can't remember the proper way to do this.
Because it will be a fairly major edit, I was thinking I would make a new page,
just to have some working space.  I'm afraid if I edit the actual page, someone
might accidentally publish the page, before it's finished.

       I'm almost positive it should be ok to start a new page.  I do recall
that I need to take it out of the menu, immediately after I create the page.  I
don't expect the page itself will be used in the end.  When it's finished, I'll
just overwrite the current page, and publish that.  And then delete this new
page.

       If there's a better way to approach this, please let me know.
Meanwhile, since I'm pretty sure this will be ok, I'm going to already get
started.

Thanks,
brynn