-----Original Message----- From: Brian Fraser via RT

To me it would seem more consistent to use the -w, -W operators
to check for every directory in the path if it
is writable at all. Then you can omit the
(stat("/usr/bin"))[2] & 0??? test completely and just write:

join ':', grep {not /^\./ and -d $_ and not -w $_ || -W $_
                                  } split /:/, $ENV{PATH};

This issue just bit me when smoking CPAN on Android. Unfortunately, the
above solution doesn't work for me.

tl;dr: Skipping the tests when $^O eq 'android' would probably be for the
best, if that filter is going to stay.

I've just uploaded Inline-0.53_01 to CPAN.
It includes Alexander's recommended change to env_untaint() and also has
08taint.t skip the tests for Android.

Brian/Alexander - if you want any additional changes to env_untaint (or
anything else, for that matter) just send me the patch and we should be able
to get it incorporated into the next stable release (0.54).

Thanks guys.

Cheers,
Rob