-----Original Message----- From: Jason McCarver via RT

I don't see the Foo-4.tar.gz attachement? Neither in my email or via the web.

Don't worry - you're not going blind. (I'm just going mad ;-)

I've now attached it as Foo-fixed.tar.gz.
It's essentially the Foo distro that you sent, except that the layout has been changed to the one that I would normally use. I've also had to alter the top level Makefile.PL and, of course, insert the 2 extra Makefiles.PL.
I don't think I made any other changes.

It should build, test, and install successfully - and install as per your expectations.

Incidentally, it only takes for Foo.pm to "use Foo::Bar;" and "use Foo::Bar::Baz;" and the version *you* sent would also build and install as desired. (Though in that case, every time I run 'dmake', 'dmake test' and 'dmake install' the C code recompiles - but it results in a correct install in the end.) It's the fact that Foo.pm neither uses Inline, nor uses both of the other modules, that's providing the stumbling block. (Or does Foo.pm still need to load the other 2 modules even if it uses Inline ? ... not sure now; I'd need to check on that.)

The distro you sent is tantalisingly close to working .... just can't quite nail it, and don't yet know whether that's because I'm not being smart enough or because it is simply un-nailable without using your patch (or something similar).

I'll look again tonight.

Cheers,
Rob