On 1/10/11 9:50 PM, Fernando Gont wrote:

>>> IPv6 restores this to the extent that NAT66 is not deployed. My take is
>>> that NAT66 *will* be deployed.
>>
>> How do you know? What evidence do you have?
>
> Talking to vendors, some operators, etc.
>
> Google for "ipv6 nat" or the like, and you'll see some of the people
> that are publicly interested in this feature.

It's a basic and necessary feature of ipv6-supporting loadbalancer devices.

Given that header rewriting, and state-tracking are basic firewall
functions for v4 and v6 you really aren't very far conceptually or
implementation-wise from a nat66 feature.

The question is what's it a point solution for. If the problem is, "you
gave me one ip address and i need more than that" something is badly wrong.