Interesting timing on this message, but see below:

AERO embraces the tunnel as a link in the spirit of your document while
LISP does not. AERO defines "AERO interface" and "AERO link" - LISP goes
out of its way to avoid saying anything about interfaces or links.

> I'm not sure there's a clearly good, original ref for multipoint tunnels
> - the concept has been around in some form since basically the notion of
> a tunnel.

RFC2529 is the first I am aware of.

Fred