I cannot quite work out from the document how this works, but if we are going to PING non-IP interfaces I think the groups that work on those need some time to reflect on the implications.

There are certainly a number of non-IP interfaces that may have Ethernet addresses.

However, I am not sure from a quick look at the text how you would address any interface running a PW other than Ethernet.

Bottom line, I think this needs to either preclude non-IP interfaces, or the groups that work with non-IP interfaces need to think through the implications, and possibly propose new identifier types.

- Stewart