Hi David,

Thanks for the observation. I'll rephrase 8.1 in the next version.

Further, the "SOCKS socket options" don't necessarily map onto setsockopts for a typical implementation using *nix sockets. For example, the TFO option would be handled as follows:
 * use sendto(...MSG_FASTOPEN...) or connectx() in case of CONNECT, or
 * call setsockopt(...SOL_TCP, TCP_FASTOPEN...) in case of BIND.

Cheers,
Vlad