Why the history value is precisely 64bit long?  I suggest it to be variable length.

another point is the following:

    Code was also developed to attempt to brute force log entries, and it
    was noted that on the same PC used for the testing above (single CPU
    PC with an Intel Core i7 running at 2.8GHz) attempting to brute force
    a single log entry would be computationally infeasible (approximately
    22,313,257 years required).  To decrypt the entire log would require
    this same amount of time for each individual log entry.

This part is interesting.  I would rather conclude the paragraph with saying that the number of years required may be dramatically reduced by improving the algorithmic method to take advantage of local core multiplicity, near range IoT computing power availability and Internet-scale computing.

Alex