I wonder whether this conversation should happen in the intarea wg mailing
list
as the main draft was posted there in the first place. I don't know if
cross posting is welcome
but I take the risk.

Going back to the question, the transport changes are related to the
request/reply semantic
of the architecture. The two distinct forwarding paths described in the
draft take care
of forwarding requests or replies.This ends up in the transport layer as a
unidirectional
channel to recv data or snd data. The replies carry data originating from
a  transport end-point (snd buffer)
that binds to an identifier which is location independent, an IPv6 number
which is not a locator.

The forwarding path of the requests is very close to unmodified IPv6 with
the DST address carrying the identifier.
If you check in the draft an hICN node does one additional lookup in a
local cache though. But you can ignore that
for now for sake of clarity. What is important is the address rewrite
operation made on the SRC address
of the request. A copy of the request is stored in the local cache and the
locator of the output interface is written in the
SRC address before transmission. This is used by an upstream hICN or the
final end-point to know the locator that
will be used to reply.

Replies coming from the snd end-point are label swapped but not like MPLS.
The label is the identifier itself that is stored in the SRC address of the
reply,
whereas the DST address is a locator. In this forwarding path a lookup is
made in the local cache to
find a request (one or many) and the associated locator (one or many) that
matches the identifier.
The DST addr field of the replies is rewritten with the locator(s) just
obtained from the lookup.
This is how the reply is forwarded to the end-points that issued requests
for this identifier.

For the replies there is no FIB lookup on the identifier (as it is in the
SRC addr field).
There can be a lookup in the FIB on the locator stored in the DST of the
reply to
reach back the previous hICN node or eventually the original end-point.