On Wed, Jun 20, 2018 at 7:48 AM, Luca Muscariello
<luca.muscarie...@gmail.com> wrote:
> More on the mobility use case which also makes deployment options easier to
> digest
>
> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-auge-dmm-hicn-mobility/
>

>From the draft:

"The goal of hICN is to ease ICN insertion in existing IP infrastructure by:
 3.  minor modification to existing IP routers/endpoints;"

Can you elaborate on this "minor modification"? Especially for
endpoints, which I assume means hosts, what is the scope, the
necessary modifications, and deployment model. Also, will applications
have to change or use a new API for hICN?

If the implication of hICN is that all Internet hosts need to change
to support a new consumer/producer communications model, a new
transport protocol, and a new application API-- there's nothing minor
about that!

Tom