Hi Tom,
many thanks for taking interest in the topic and helping with details on
GUE and OAM. I've reviewed the listed in the draft encapsulations and
analyzed how active OAM may be identified in each of the cases. For active
OAM to be more useful the test packets must be in-band with the data that
is being monitored. For the GUE case, I believe, that means that an OAM
test packet will have all the values that characterize the monitored flow
that may affect routing the packet with exception of values of C-bit and
Proto/ctype field.

Regards,
Greg