From: Int-area <int-area-boun...@ietf.org> on behalf of Robert Moskowitz
<rgm-i...@htt-consult.com>
Sent: 08 September 2022 14:03
On 9/8/22 08:31, Pascal Thubert (pthubert) wrote:
> Hello Joel:
>
> SCHC could be used to compress IP option headers and the residue be stored in
> a SCHC option, which a next header points at uncompressed transport (e.g.,
> encrypted, uncompressible).
> Additionally, finding the SCHC context may require metadata that could also
> be found in a SCHC option. Over one hop in LPWAN that is all implicit but
> over IP it might not be.
>
> SCHC is layered depending on which endpoint talks to which. E.g., you
> compress a tunnel with inner that is already SCHC-compressed, you do
> security, etc...
> So you could have SCHC options one after the other. We have not defined the
> option yet, LPWAN is discussing recharter to cover SCHC applied beyond LPWANs.
>
> But since we're at it, let's do both in one RFC.
> Note that we'll also need a value for IPv6-Compression-Protocol Types, see
> https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-thubert-intarea-schc-over-ppp-03.html#name-iana-considerations.

I cannot find this IANA registry.  Can someone please provide the URL.

Perhaps
https://www.iana.org/assignments/ppp-numbers/ppp-numbers.xhtml#ppp-numbers-29

IP-Compression-Protocol Types in the Point-to-Point Protocol (PPP) Field
Assignments  Group on the IANA website as set up by RFC1332.

Tom Petch

And this is why I have been instructed, and have adhered to, including
IANA URLs as informative references in my drafts.

Like in draft-moskowitz-intarea-schc-ip-protocol-number!

Bob