On Wed, 2016-10-12 at 14:08 +0300, Joonas Lahtinen wrote:
> Bisecting the offending commit between v4.8 and v4.8.1 would be a good
0) Why use a personal notebook when one can just post any half baked
idea to lkml?
1) I stumbled on https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1361357 (s
ame hardware, rather similar trace).
2) That report was about the first Fedora (rawhide) kernel release
after this commit http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/rpms/kernel.git/co
mmit/?h=f25&id=7d2c2f2d91793b5da452bee9bea4fa32051c8608 ("Bring in
patch-series from drm-next to fix skl_update_other_pipe_wm issues").
3) That seventeen part series ended up in v4.8. The last commit of that
series is commit 5b483747a925 ("drm/i915: Remove wm_config from
4) So, with a little bit of luck, my bisect might only need to look at
those seventeen commits. Still, it will probably be next week before I
have a day or two to actually perform that bisect.
To be continued,
Intel-gfx mailing list