Regards

Shashank

On 10/17/2016 5:55 PM, Daniel Vetter wrote:
On Mon, Oct 17, 2016 at 05:34:36PM +0530, Shashank Sharma wrote:
This patch series adds 4 patches.
- The first two patches add aspect ratio support in DRM layes
- Next two patches add new aspect ratios defined in CEA-861-F
   supported for HDMI 2.0 4k modes.

Adding aspect ratio support in DRM layer:
- The CEA videmodes contain aspect ratio information, which we
   parse when we read the modes from EDID. But while transforming
   user_mode to kernel_mode or viceversa, DRM layer lose this
   information.
- HDMI compliance testing for CEA modes, expects the AVI info frames
   to contain exact VIC no for the 'video mode under test'. Now CEA
   modes have different VIC for same modes but different aspect ratio
   for example:
         VIC 2 = 720x480@60 4:3
         VIC 3 = 720x480@60 16:9
   In this way, lack of aspect ratio information, can cause wrong VIC
   no in AVI IF, causing HDMI complaince test to fail.
- This patch set adds code, which embeds the aspect ratio information
   also in DRM video mode flags, and uses it while comparing two modes.

Adding new aspect ratios for HDMI 2.0
- CEA-861-F defines two new aspect ratios, to be used for 4k HDMI 2.0
   modes.
         - 64:27
         - 256:135
Last two patches in the series, adds code to handle these new
aspect ratios.

V2: Fixed review comments from Sean, Emil, Daniel
V3: Fixed review comments from Jim Bride, got r-b for all patches
V4: Added r-b from Jose for the series, and ack-by from Tomi on patch 3

Shashank Sharma (4):
   drm: add picture aspect ratio flags
   drm: Add aspect ratio parsing in DRM layer
   video: Add new aspect ratios for HDMI 2.0
   drm: Add and handle new aspect ratios in DRM layer
Applied to drm-misc, thanks. I guess you'll follow up with i915 patches to
remove the picture aspect ratio for overrides eventually?

Thanks, Daniel
Thanks Daniel, and yes, its in my to-do list to remove the pic aspect ratio property, to override, as suggested by you in our last communication. I was waiting for this series to be merged, so that I can give reference of this.

Will add you for the review of the patch,

Regards
Shashank
  drivers/video/hdmi.c        |  4 ++++
  include/linux/hdmi.h        |  2 ++