Hi Daniel,

On Monday 17 July 2017 12:56 PM, Daniel Vetter wrote:
On Fri, Jun 30, 2017 at 05:40:58PM +0530, Mahesh Kumar wrote:
Gen9+ Interlace fetch mode doesn't support few plane configurations & pipe
scaling.
  - Y-tile
  - 90/270 rotation
  - pipe/plane scaling
  - 420 planar formats
Do we have igt testcases that try to exercise all this? When fixing bugs,
pls make sure you don't fix the bugs, but also make sure we have solid
coverage. Given that this escaped for years, it's very likely our coverage
is _really_ bad and needs to be improve a lot for testing interlaced modes
We have testdisplay with -y option to test Y-tiling (90/270 rotation need Y-tiling so those are also covered). But AFAIK we don't have any testcase to verify scaling with Interlace mode & other combinations. Should we extend existing IGT test for scaling/rotation/tiling/pixel-format to include Interlace mode as well, or should we have a separate Interlace mode specific IGT
which will exercise all combinations with all Interlace modes?

As IF-ID mode doesn't support all the above combination but *PF-ID mode does support them* from GEN9(scaling Y-tile 90/270 rotation etc). So I submitted a patch to always enable PF-ID mode for Interlace
https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/160275/
But Ville suggested not to always enable PF-ID mode instead control fetching mode based on property. Currently there is no open source user for this property. What will you suggest here?

Thanks,
-Mahesh
Thanks, Daniel

Changes since V2:
  - Address review comments from ville

Mahesh Kumar (2):
   drm/i915/skl+: Check for supported plane configuration in Interlace
     mode
   drm/i915/skl+: Scaling not supported in IF-ID Interlace mode

  drivers/gpu/drm/i915/intel_atomic_plane.c | 15 +++++++++++++++
  drivers/gpu/drm/i915/intel_display.c      | 15 +++++++++++++++
  2 files changed, 30 insertions(+)

--
2.13.0