Quoting Wang, Zhi A (2017-09-26 11:42:48)
> Thanks for the patch! :)
>
> I got a question: Will the re-scheduling of the request be handled by i915?
> Or the client has to re-submit the request by itself after it got preempted?
> :)

It remains in the execlist queue, so it will be rescheduled at the
next opportunity. At the moment, that will be after the reset; but in
the future that will also include after the preemption event is over.

> Currently, we will call i915_wait_request() to wait the request. I guess the
> preemption will not wake up the i915_wait_request() with a EINTR?

Correct, The i915_wait_request() will continue, and will not return
until the request has been rescheduled and completed. (Except in the
case where we are cancelling the request due to the driver exploding, in
which case we will wake up the i915_wait_request() as we will signal all
the outstanding requests, but they will be marked as in error.)
-Chris