Quoting Jani Nikula (2018-02-02 20:01:00)
> The PCH type is an unnecessary level of abstraction that's an extra
> maintenance burden. Switch to using PCH ids directly. This also
> simplifies the virtual PCH detection.

But you are still using the PCH type, just computing it from the id
inside the conditionals. Not sure if that's a good idea, remember the
long chains of devid == X || devid == Y || ... we used to have?

I guess a convincing argument that the abstraction is ill-conceived
would be when it bloats the code, as that shows the abstraction's
semantics do not match and are a hindrance to use. Maybe there's another
transformation that improves usage?
-Chris