Hi,

On 14-02-18 13:35, Jani Nikula wrote:
On Wed, 14 Feb 2018, Hans de Goede <hdego...@redhat.com> wrote:
Hi All,

I would like to a add a couple of DSI panel fixes from
dinq to drm-intel-fixes (with the purpose of getting them
into 4.16).

What is the correct way to do this?  Should I just do:

dim checkout-branch drm-intel-fixes
git pull
git cherry-pick <hash1>
git cherry-pick <hash2>
dim push-branch drm-intel-fixes

And that is it, or is there something special which
I need to do, or ask someone who is taking care of this?

The maintainers take care of drm-intel-fixes and
drm-intel-next-fixes. In general, this mostly works automagically if you
add Fixes: or Cc: stable tags to the original commits.

Lacking those, please just send email to i915 maintainers with the
commit ids and we'll take of them.

Ok, in that case can you please add the following commits from dinq
to drm-intel-fixes:

c8dae55a8ced ("drm/i915/vlv: Add cdclk workaround for DSI")
785f076b3ba7 ("drm/i915: Add intel_bios_cleanup() function")
e1b86c85f6c2 ("drm/i915: Free memdup-ed DSI VBT data structures on
driver_unload")
fb38e7ade9af ("drm/i915: Fix DSI panels with v1 MIPI sequences without a DEASSERT
sequence v3")

The first and the fourth are the actual fixes, the middle 2 are
cleanup / preparation patches.

Regards,

Hans