What will happen is NOTHING... If an item is already patented then its already public domain.. A patent just insures that the inventor has sole manufacturing and profit rights to the idea for the patent duration.. If you don't make any money on the idea when you give it away then nothing happens... I don't know why people think an idea becomes secret when its patented because it doesn't..

T Bastian