Hola Al et al!

Yes, about the Clem engine, I have been on it ever since. Thank you for clueing me in that first time, late night in a restaurant, your napkin drawing and story I wrote and drew up the next day to post on KeelyNet.

I have posted all the info I have since collected and have met Clems' daughter and spoken with other relatives.

The Clem relatives tell me there are some errors in your story and I hope one day she will write up a corrected or original version from her personal history with her father and the motor.

No question in my mind he was a natural genius. Whether it was his curiosity on wondering WHY that pump KEPT WORKING after it was turned off, or perhaps he discovered it on his own. Doesn't matter, only that he did something with it to show it could be used as a self-running engine.

A pity it won't ever come out unless someone or some group spends the money to study the matter. As you can see, we have I think the best understanding at this point and everything has been shared with Clems daughter. This one discovery and replication could completely change physics and the energy future of the world.

You can check out all the Clem files (and photos) at;

http://www.keelynet.com/energy/clemindex.htm

http://www.keelynet.com/energy/clem1.htm

http://www.keelynet.com/energy/clem2.htm

http://www.keelynet.com/energy/clem3.htm

http://www.keelynet.com/energy/clemcar.htm

http://www.keelynet.com/energy/clemcone.htm

http://www.rexresearch.com/clemengn/clemengn.htm

(personal stuff deleted from this discussion list post)

AH wrote:
Jerry:

JV forwarded me an email from you about
Siptrott, Clem, and Schauberger. Since the subject
included comments about Clem and fluid flow creating
centrifugal force with the idea of over unity, I began
remembering conversations from years ago with an auto
mechanic friend.
This friend told me a story about a friend of his by
the name of Richard Clem. Richard Clem lived in
Dallas, and was working with some sort of high
pressure water pump. I think he was with, or working
with a fire department. The pump had a rotary
mechanism in it to enhance the power of the water
stream.

He noticed that on several occasions the pump would
remain spinning for some time after he turned it off.
Naturally, this got his curiosity ramped up several
notches, so he started analyzing and tinkering with
what it was that wasnt supposed to be.

Richard Clem proceeded to develop the Clem Engine. It
was completely a fluid motion mechanism. My friend
described the engine as being about 2 to 2-1/2 feet
long and about a foot in diameter and weighing,
perhaps, 150-200 lbs. The rotating shaft inside the
case was a hollow tube, running from one end to the
other. On one end was a hydraulic pump that pumped
fluid out of the sump and into and down the
tube/shaft.

At the other end of the tube/shaft was a wheel. Upon
reaching the wheel, the fluid turned 90 degrees and
flowed radially out to the edge of the wheel through
channels in the wheel. Of course, energy was imparted
to the fluid by the acceleration of centrifugal force.

At the edge or rim of the wheel, the fluid channel
turned to point in the direction from which the wheel
was rotating, and, thus, the fluid was redirected to
be expelled tangentially to the rotation of the wheel,
like the rocket-like emissions of a fireworks
pinwheel, thus creating thrust to drive the rotation
of the wheel. The fluid was squirted out and against
the housing, from where it flowed by gravity back down
into the sump, to flow into the pump again, thus
completing the circuit of the flow.

According to my friend, he saw and felt the engine,
though he never saw it running. It required vegetable
oil as the operating temperature of the fluid got too
hot for petroleum oil.

Bendix tested the engine for a continuous run of seven
days on a dynamometer. During the whole time it
produced a steady 200 hp. Of course, the Bendix
engineers knew there was some trick to it, even if
they couldnt find it in seven days of kicking and
poking, so they wrote it off as a clever fraud. I
dont think Clem allowed them to open the engine and
see its mechanism.

Clem set up a company in Dallas to manufacture the
engine, farmed out parts to other companies, and was
getting ready for production, until...need I go on?
After the Feds began barging in, he took one copy of
his engine to his lake property east of Dallas,
hooked it up to a generator, mounted the whole system
in a concrete pit, spun it up to optimal rpm, then
poured concrete over the whole thing, thus burying the
whole running, generating mechanism in solid concrete,
where it has been providing power for his lake home
ever since. When the FBI came out to confiscate it, he
showed them where it was, and they said, Okay, go
ahead and use it. But dont ever try to take it out of
that concrete block.
As I remember, Richard Clem had a home over in the
west part of Dallas, somewhere along or near Royal
Lane. These things were told to me in the late 70s or
early 80s, as I remember. Another friend who rented
from the first friend told me about the machine as
well. As I remember, he had either seen it running or
had seen it disassembled. The first friend cheated
me over a car deal several years ago, so I havent
spoken to him since, and the other friend moved from
his home in Arkansas and I havent found him again
yet.

If you look at the wheel on the end of the tube/shaft
as a spinning disk, there must be some configuration
of flow path from the center of the wheel radially out
to the edge of the disk that is important in
accomplishing the impartation of energy into the oil,
yielding over-unity.

Both of these people knew Clem, saw the engine, and
knew the story, as I have repeated it here.  I may
have forgotten a small point or two, but I dont think
so! If I track down the second friend, I will try for
more information. This second friend is also an
auto/aircraft mechanic and sheet metal wizard.

I believe the engine development episode took place in
the 60s.

Thanks for keeping keelynet.com going. We miss you
here in Dallas, the conflabs, the meetings, etc. Take
care, Jerry, and send advanced notice when you are
coming to Dallas.
Your friend, Albert

--
              Jerry Decker - http://www.keelynet.com