On Sunday 22 October 2006 14:07, Jerry Decker - KN wrote:

> > Also, I would like to know how to get an idea into the world
> > without some giant corporation sucking it up and squelching it

"Don't let these disasters happen to you: A pox on modern engineering, Part 1"

http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/power/library/pa-enghints3/

"Between IP litigation and ever greater demands for 'baseline' functionality
that requires licensing,
developing new products has become a treacherous minefield for engineers to
navigate.
In this article, Lewin Edwards outlines some of the dangers which are making it
harder for
engineers to just get out there and build something."

"...inside many of these paper corporations is a dusty shoe box full of
assorted patents.
 Armies of lawyers are poring over these documents as you read this, trying to
determine
 if any extant product can be argued to infringe upon those patents."

--
 http://www.softwaresafety.net/ http://www.designer-iii.com/
                 http://www.unusualresearch.com/