On 20-Mar-2012, at 10:24 AM, Konstantin Tokarev wrote:

>> On Windows, I can filter keypress events looking for Qt::Key_Cancel, which
>> is generated by pressing Ctrl+Break.The Macintosh equivalent is Cmd-period.
>> As far as I can make out, the Cocoa system catches that key combination and
>> sends some sort of cancel event instead of a key event.
>> My question: is there a way to catch this in Qt on Macintosh?
>
> Try to catch it with event filter. If it fails you probably will need to
> write custom ObjC code.

That was fast! Thanks!

In fact, my first attempt was an event filter. But on Macintosh, I get no key
event when I press cmd-period.

I expect the Objective C code will be required (groan). I wonder if anyone has
already written something already that they would be willing to share. I get
confused by having all those brackets in the wrong places :)

-John