Don't blame the compiler, don't blame Qt, blame distribution's
maintainers — it's their job to keep packages working and to make sure
updates don't break anything without *really* serious reasons.

My advice is to try to compile some Qt example/demo application and, if
that fails, send a report to the Ubuntu's bugtracker.