Hi,

Seeing Thiago's response to a recent QTimer question, prompted me to check
whether this Windows problem had been circumvented.   He says that on
Windows QTimer "... deliver events to the Qt event window".  Back in 4.3 and
WinXP when I first looked at this, I found that the events are not delivered
while the user is dragging the edges to resize the window.  Is that still
the case?  Even creating the QTimer to another thread, didn't help.

In my case, it was significant.  The timer was being used to play MIDI
messages, and the sound would stop!  In the end, I had to use my own loop
and msleep in the player thread.

Hope this saves someone else from making the same mistake.

Tony.