On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 7:40 PM, Mark <mark...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 22, 2012 at 3:45 AM, Mark <mark...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have a Flickable with a MouseArea on top of it. I only want to use
>> the MouseArea fro the pressed events, the flackable should just be
>> working with dragging up/down. This however isn't as easy as it
>> sounds..
>>
>> It looks somewhat like this:
>>
>> Flickable
>> {
>>
>>     MouseArea
>>     {
>>         anchors.fill parent
>>         onPressed:
>>         {
>>         }
>>     }
>> }
>>
>> I think you get the idea.
>>
>> But how can i get this working? I'm using Qt 4.8, i know this has been
>> fixed in Qt 5 / QML 2, but i kinda need a workaround for 4.8 if
>> possible :)
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Mark
>
> Bump..
> still having this issue.

YES, got it fixed!
The solution was quite simple. In this case i simply had to add
"preventStealing: true" to the MouseArea as given in my example. It's
even described in the docs:
http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-4.8/qml-mousearea.html#preventStealing-prop
It feels a bit nasty though..

While putting that preventSteaning in QtCreator (2.4.1) i also notices
a big in there. QtCreator seems to thing the property preventStealing
does not exist. It obviously does. The import is import QtQuick 1.1 so
everything is fine there.