I've fallen at the first hurdle trying to build Qt 5.0.1 (from the opensource
ZIP).  I've sucessfully built 4.6.2 and 4.8.3 recently with no issues, simply
by running the standard configure -> nmake sequence.

  With Qt5, however, I'm getting a link error when configure itself tries to
build qmake.  Is this an issue with support for VS2005, or am I missing a trick?

Creating qmake...
<snip>
Generating Code...
        link  -OUT:qmake.exe project.obj main.obj ioutils.obj proitems.obj
qmakeglobals.obj qmakeparser.obj qmakeevaluator.obj qmakebuiltins.obj
makefile.obj unixmake.obj unixmake2.obj mingw_make.obj  option.obj
winmakefile.obj projectgenerator.obj property.obj meta.obj  makefiledeps.obj
metamakefile.obj xmloutput.obj pbuilder_pbx.obj  msvc_nmake.obj msvc_vcproj.obj
msvc_vcxproj.obj  msvc_objectmodel.obj msbuild_objectmodel.obj registry.obj
gbuild.obj cesdkhandler.obj qbitarray.obj  qbuffer.obj  qcryptographichash.obj
qfilesystementry.obj  qfilesystemengine.obj  qfilesystemengine_win.obj
qfilesystemiterator_win.obj  qfsfileengine.obj  qfsfileengine_iterator.obj
qarraydata.obj  qbytearray.obj  qvsnprintf.obj  qbytearraymatcher.obj
qdatetime.obj  qdir.obj  qdiriterator.obj  qfiledevice.obj  qfile.obj
qtemporaryfile.obj  qabstractfileengine.obj  qfsfileengine_win.obj
qsystemlibrary.obj  qfileinfo.obj  qglobal.obj  qhash.obj  qiodevice.obj
qlist.obj  qlinkedlist.obj  qlocale.o
 bj  qlocale_tools.obj  qlocale_win.obj  qmalloc.obj  qmap.obj  qregexp.obj
qtextcodec.obj  qutfcodec.obj  qstring.obj  qstringlist.obj  qstringbuilder.obj
 qsystemerror.obj  qtextstream.obj  qdatastream.obj  quuid.obj  qvector.obj
qsettings.obj  qlibraryinfo.obj  qvariant.obj  qsettings_win.obj  qmetatype.obj
 qxmlstream.obj  qxmlutils.obj  qnumeric.obj  qlogging.obj ole32.lib
advapi32.lib qmake_pch.obj
Microsoft (R) Incremental Linker Version 8.00.50727.762

main.obj : error LNK2005: "public: __thiscall `public: __thiscall QList<class
QString>::QList<class QString>(class QList<class QString> const
&)'::`5'::Cleanup::Cleanup(struct QListData::Data *)"
(??0Cleanup@?4???0?$QList@VQString@@@@QAE@ABV1@@Z@QAE@PAUData@QListData@@@Z)
already defined in project.obj
main.obj : error LNK2005: "public: __thiscall `public: __thiscall QList<class
QString>::QList<class QString>(class QList<class QString> const
&)'::`5'::Cleanup::~Cleanup(void)"
(??1Cleanup@?4???0?$QList@VQString@@@@QAE@ABV1@@Z@QAE@XZ) already defined in
project.obj
proitems.obj : error LNK2005: "public: __thiscall `public: __thiscall
&)'::`5'::Cleanup::Cleanup(struct QListData::Data *)"
(??0Cleanup@?4???0?$QList@VQString@@@@QAE@ABV1@@Z@QAE@PAUData@QListData@@@Z)
already defined in project.obj
proitems.obj : error LNK2005: "public: __thiscall `public: __thiscall
&)'::`5'::Cleanup::~Cleanup(void)"
(??1Cleanup@?4???0?$QList@VQString@@@@QAE@ABV1@@Z@QAE@XZ) already defined in
project.obj
<snip loads of the same, all QList<QVariant> or QList<QString> instances>

--
[neil@fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
[neil@fnx ~]# ls -l .signature