On 4/8/2013 12:37 PM, Nils Jeisecke wrote:
> Hi Duane,
>
>> To prevent multiple instances, we are using QSingleApplication.  On Windows,
>> if the
>> app is started from the desktop this works fine but if it's started from
>> a console a second instance can be started.
> please try to apply the patch from
> https://codereview.qt-project.org/#change,44118 and report if this
> solves your problem.

I've made a new build of the library for windows with your patch and it
seems to work as expected.  I revert to the old library and the behavior
reappears.  It looks to me that this is fixed.

I haven't tried this on Linux yet but will do so shortly.  I don't seem
to have this problem on Linux though.

One issue on both Linux and windows is with multiple users.  Based on
the comments in the code it seems that isRunning() is not guaranteed to
work between users.  Does this imply that sendMessage() does?  I've not
investigated this version closely but I believe that older versions used
the same code from isRunning() in the beginning of the sendMessage()
function.  And certainly with the current version that I have on Linux
when run as a different user, both methods allow the second user access.