On Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 2:53 AM, Jason H <[email protected]> wrote: > Hello Qters! > > I have switched jobs and I can no longer work on Qt in my "spare time" for > the forseable future. I hatched an idea a year ago and some people seemed > interested. I'd like to call interested parties to arms and see if we can't > get this project finished. > > I call it "Vaudeville" because GNOME has called theirs "Broadway". It is a > HTML5 renderer that I aim to integrate with QPA. When I started work QPA > was still in flux. perhaps there is a QPA person who can take a few hours > and force it into the current API? > > I also need a web person to help with the browser side. I need to collect > browser events and deliver them over a socket to the http server. QPA will > then take that event and issue it to the Qt mainloop. > > What I do have going is a pixel-perfect QPainter to HTML5 canvas renderer. > If you don't understand what the importance of this project is, let me say > it bluntly: > > You can web-enable any Qt program (v4) with just a recompile against Qt4.8 > or 5. I started this work for embedded apps. You can have a remote GUI in a > browser and keep the logic on the device. >
Thats a neat idea. Couple of questions: * How does this thing work, as in how can I invoke a binary from a browser? Is there a webserver involved, which would launch the application when a particular url is accessed? * How do you access the HTML canvas in your QPA plugin? Is it something like how flash renders inside a browser. i.e the browser gives the flash plugin it's window handle, and an area to draw, and then the plugin renders it's contents there? * Is there a browser (NSAPI) plugin needed for it to work? * Do you have some rough docs/drafts which explain how it works? I'm not a GUI guys, so not sure if I can contribute. Though if there are some non-GUI aspects to it, I could pitch in. -mandeep > > The state of the code is shabby. I only have a test program that you can > connect to and it updates the UI via a timer. The font rendering is a touch > off in the anti-aliased parts, but otherwise, pixel perfect. > > Is anyone available to help? > Where should I put the code (NOT ready for merge)? > > > > _______________________________________________ > Interest mailing list > [email protected] > http://lists.qt-project.org/mailman/listinfo/interest > >
_______________________________________________ Interest mailing list [email protected] http://lists.qt-project.org/mailman/listinfo/interest
