> Do we know that Samsung didn't do that?  (except that if they had, it would
> probably work well ;-)

Actually it is a Linux that is running in Samsung TVs. Maybe it is not the
firmware, but the hardware?

> Anyway, if you are already researching with wireshark, you can find some uPnP
> software that does work with that TV, and see what is different.  If you're
> lucky it might be a matter of a packet size limit or something like that.

I did. But compared only the human readable part. This is definitely correct.
Apart from that, my UPnP code works with Samsung E and F and XBMC and
bubbleUPnP on Android. Only the Samsung D series has this problem. Did not test
C series, yet. So where ever this problem is located, it is on a lower level to
which I don't have access. It is a normal tcp connection via QTcpSocket and
QTcpSocket does not have that many parameters, which I can tweak. And the few
there are, are already tried in all possible permutations. No effect at all.
Even if I knew what the difference between a socket initiated by Linux and one
by Windows I probably would not be able to fix anything.

It looks like the code seems to work a couple of times, but to receive UPnP
events, the eventing must be resubscribed in a regular
interval. 5 min fix on Samsung TVs.  After 3 - 10 resubscriptions the socket is
dead. It takes data, seems to be in perfect
working order, but the Samsung does not react. Same when I send play and stop
UPnP commands. Works several times, then I get socket
error -1. I can hammer the port, e.g. send the stop command a few dozen times.
After a while it starts working again for a few commands, then it fails again.
While the necessary interval for eventing resubscriptions is fix, I am free to
choose the rate in which I send the
play or stop commands. The failure trigger definitely does not depend on the
time between two commands. It seems to happen randomly.

Guido