Hi Jason,

Wt (witty) can run as you describe with your server code bound directly to
WebKit executing the html, css, etc. in a free-standing exe.   But getting
rid of the text and accessing the WebKit objects directly, doesn't really
fix anything!  The functionality of the WebKit objects is still the same -
the same workarounds for different OS's, different CSS standards, different
interpretations of the effects on the box model, and on and on.  So until
someone comes up with a better model of the browser experience, it won't
improve.  Lots of people are trying - Qt with QML, Embacadero's Delphi with
FireMonkey, for example could be candidates.  I can't see how they are going
to replace the existing stack anytime soon - no matter how much people would
like them to!

Regards,

Tony.

Qt)

> I have nothing but contempt for the current state of web development.
> HTML/CSS/JS/DOM/AJAX/MIME, not including your server implementation
> (JS|.NET|Java|PHP) and SQL/NoSQL.  I've been asking the question on why
> we can't migrate HTML,CSS,DOM, and MIME to JSON. It would be a
> monumental effort for little gain.
>
> But I've also been using Witty, a C++ web toolkit that mimics Qt.
Basically, you