Hi Axel,

Your assumption about 5.5 is correct. Android gets LE support and ios/OSX get
classic and LE support.

Windows is currently work in progress. There is a wip/win branch on codereview.
The windows port is mostly community driven at this stage which makes
prediction somewhat hard. Ccurrently, you can find devices and I believe the
initial connect to a BTLE device is somewhat done. This is done for classic
desktop windows (which would cover win 8.1). There is no WinRT code at this
stage.

to your questions:

1.) I am confident Windows should have no unfixable problems. In many cases it
is better than ios/OSX/Android when it comes to LE. I cannot say much about
WinRT.

2.) I am not the WinRT expert but I was told in some cases it works in other's
it doesn't. QtPositioning apparantly couldn't use RT on desktop. Qt doesn't mix
desktop and RT and I got the feeling that the responsiple devs would like to
keep it that way.

3.) The QtBluetooth library doesn't use a backend plugin. It is hardcoded into
the library.

--

Alex