This one I have originally posted on the Qt Forum "Development" / "Installation
and Deployment"<https://forum.qt.io/topic/53121/bad-request> where I didn't get
an answer to the question and someone (@JKSH<https://forum.qt.io/user/jksh>)
actually suggested me to post it on this list, and such, here it is:

Since a week or so I am experiencing heavy problems when trying to update Qt
components over the MaintainanceTool. Basically I am ending up immediately with
an error massage of type, e.g.:

Network error while downloading target ...
Error: Error downloading
https://download.qt-project.org/online/qtsdkrepository/... - server replied:
Bad Request.

Does anybody else experience the same problem or have an idea how to work
around or even solve it?

Thanks in advance,
Wolfgang

P.S.1: I have slightly the impression that the problems is somehow related to
the relocation of the qt-project from .org to .io ...
P.S.2: It happens on both Linux and Windows and
P.S.3: I am behind a company firewall and need to set up proxy settings in
general and in the MaintainanceTool in particular.