On 03/04/16 22:00, Thiago Macieira wrote:
On domingo, 3 de abril de 2016 21:07:00 PDT Emre Besirik wrote:
Do you also find it a littlebit unpleasent to code in QtCreator like me?
Does Qt plan to do something about this?
It would be more constructive if you explained what your issues are and what
you findto be unpleasant. Without that, nothing is ever going to happen.
I assume the same things as the rest of us, perhaps:
* Lack of auto-completion for connect().
* Very slow auto-completion.
* Generally auto-completion sometimes work, sometimes doesn't.
* "Find uses" doesn't work, so you have to grep to find uses.
* It gets very confused with smart pointers and templates in general.
* Sometimes doesn't highlight local uses.
This is the clang code model, and these things are a major PITA.
The Creator code model was excellent for C++98. The last few months, I
complete switched my projects to C++14, and that code model is now
useless, so clang is the only choice. And it's not very pleasant to work
with. In fact, I'd say it's very unpleasant.
Interest mailing list