Please add me to reviews if you work on this. If I find time, I may look into this issue myself also.

Best regards,
Andre

Am 11.04.2016 um 09:25 schrieb Blasche Alexander:
Hi Andre,

I have no immediate plan but it is a suggestion which I am willing to take
onboard. I have converted your mail to:

https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-52495

--
Alex

From: Interest <interest-bounces+alexander.blasche=theqtcompany....@qt-project.org>
on behalf of André Hartmann <andre.hartm...@iseg-hv.de>
Sent: Monday, April 11, 2016 09:13
To: Interest@qt-project.org
Subject: [Interest] [QtSerialBus] [CAN] Blocking API planned?

Hi all,

right now the CAN bus API provides the signals framesReceived() and
framesWritten().

For some cases, it's easier to have a thread that blocks until an event
occurs. Therefore, the additional functions

         bool waitForFramesReceived(int msecs)
         bool waitForFramesWritten(int msecs)

could be useful.

Is there already something planned in this direction?

Best regards,
Andre