Hi all,

I'm implementing a model using fetchMore, to retrieve data from a model on demand, which in my case means the model fetches more data as the user scrolls down a QListView. Technically this works just fine, except that the scrollbar adjusts it's width every time it hits the bottom, to accommodate the increase in rowCount. I suppose I need to re-implement some methods to take over control of the view's verticalScrollbar(), but I'm not quite sure how. I suspect I should use the view's resizeEvent to set a static range for my scrollbar, but I also need to make it stop adjust itself every time fetchMore is called by the model.
Has anybody ever done this?

Also, and more importantly, is anybody aware of examples that show the use of a QAbstractListModel (or QAbstractItemModel in general) which deploys the fetchMore logic along a QSortFilterProxyModel? Currently my filter results are quite unexpected after implementing fetchMore and I'm not quite sure where to start to fix this. Should I implement the fetchMore method on the proxy model rather than the source model?
I can't find any documentation or examples about this.

Any pointers would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
frank

--