This post solves getting past the “too old” error and allows the IOS
xcodeproject to be created.

https://forum.qt.io/topic/71119/project-error-xcode-not-set-up-properly/8

I can close Qt Creator and continue my work using Xcode. Not ideal but I am
happy to continue working with Qt 5.6.1 on Xcode 8 on an El Capitan host.

-Ed

> On Sep 20, 2016, at 1:08 PM, Edward Sutton <edward.sut...@subsite.com> wrote:
>
> This fixed my issues with OS X building on OS X 10.11.6
>
> XCode 8 error “Project ERROR: Xcode not set up properly”, even though the
> license has been accepted
>
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/39492617/xcode-8-error-project-error-xcode-not-set-up-properly-even-though-the-licens
>
> When I tried similar approach for iOS I get
>
> Project ERROR: Current iphoneos SDK version (10.0) is too old. Please upgrade
> Xcode.
>
> Any suggestions please ?
>
> -Ed
>
> OS X 10.11.6
>
> Qt 5.6.1
>

> This email and any files transmitted with it from The Charles Machine Works,
> Inc. are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or
> entity to which they are addressed. If you have received this email in error
> please notify the sender. Our company accepts no liability for the contents
> of this email, or for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of
> the information provided, unless that information is subsequently confirmed
> in writing. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email
> are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the
> company. Finally, the recipient should check this email and any attachments
> for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage

This email and any files transmitted with it from The Charles Machine Works,
Inc. are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or
entity to which they are addressed. If you have received this email in error
please notify the sender. Our company accepts no liability for the contents of
this email, or for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the
information provided, unless that information is subsequently confirmed in
writing. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are
company. Finally, the recipient should check this email and any attachments for
the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused
by any virus transmitted by this email.